Big savings on used cars! Up to £1,200 off selected models.

Shop deals

Browse all articles

Which cars does Cazoo buy?

• Updated

We buy cars that have at least two weeks of valid MOT left from the date we receive your car. This means that if your handover is on 1 August, your car's MOT needs to be valid until at least 14 August.

We only buy cars with a valid V5C that matches the number plates that are on the car you want to sell. You’ll need to make sure that your V5C is a red certificate and not a blue one. 

If you have personalised plates that you’d like to keep, the car will need to have the original number plates attached and a matching valid V5C on the handover day. See how to update your V5C with original plates.

We don’t buy cars that:

  • Are different from the description you gave us

  • Have issues identified by a car history check

  • Have extensive damage or are beyond repair

  • Have structural damage, such as to the sill, roof or boot floor

  • Have dents larger than a football or holes in the panel

  • Have electrical damage, such as to the engine, bodywork or steering

  • Have mileage discrepancies

  • Have tyres that aren’t road legal 

  • Have been used for taxi, private hire, chauffeur or rental purposes

  • Have been used for driving lessons 

  • Have been used as a police vehicle or by a local authority

  • Have insurance issues

  • Have been written off

  • Have been imported or exported

  • Have mechanical or electrical faults

  • Haven’t got a valid MOT

  • Haven’t been first registered in the UK

  • are older than 15 years old

  • have been modified*

*A modification is any cosmetic, mechanical, electrical or software-based change you make to a car that isn't part of the original manufacturer's specification. We can accept cars that have been modified with tow bars. Learn more about modifications.

We're unable to buy your car if you’ve been registered as the keeper for less than six months. We also don’t buy ex-rental or commercial vehicles, rare or classic cars, vans, motorbikes or trucks.